Irish Life Indexed Funds TER

I doubt the broker was deliberately trying to mislead your company representative - I've no doubt he honestly thought he was providing correct information.

To be honest, I suspect most intermediaries would struggle to explain the difference between a fund's AMC, TER, OFC or tracking error, where relevant.

It's hard to blame the broker community for only providing partial information when our regulator doesn't insist on transparency (which I personally think is a scandalous dereliction of duty but I seem to be a lone voice around these parts on that subject:().

Anyhow, don't you think it would be absolutely amazing if the total expenses imposed on the fund in any given year added up to exactly 100bps? Isn't that a suspiciously round figure?

Too busy making sure boxes are ticked Sarenco. I still can't get over they saw the CHC were taking money out of clients funds and scolded them for not having the correct paperwork and told them to make sure everything on a checklist was complied with in the future :eek:

On the Irish Life "Ter", they have contracts with an AMC of 0.75%, 1%, 1.25%. So if the 1% charge is inclusive of ALL charges, what about the 0.75% contract?

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back