Irish Life Health Irish Life Hospital Level 2

Stronge

My friend has just renewed her policy on the above plan its approximately 3K Euro per year. I think this is very expensive. I am on Laya Total Health myself and I seem to have a few more benefits re outpatients etc. She is afraid to move as she had Heart Surgery a number of years ago and a Knee replacement last year. Is there any Irish life policy that was cheaper than the Hospital Level 2 with somewhat simily cover? I may be able to get her to change to another Insurance Company on her next renewal. For now she would prefer to stay with Irish life.

Stronge,

Yes, Hospital Level 2 plan is very expensive for the level of cover. The following plan is a similar enough alternative. details as follows;

1. Irish Life 4D Health 5; price 1763pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered.
There is very good day to day cover on this plan with a 1 euro excess. Refund of 75% for gp visits, consultants, etc.
If your friend is aged 55+ there is a six month waiting, just for enhanced day to day benefits.
There is no waiting for hospital cover as it is similar to previous cover.
The one main difference is the co-payment for a hip or knee replacement surgery.
Level 2 Hospital plan has a 500 co-payment while 4D Health 5 plan has a 2000 co-payment for this surgery.
If a person goes to the Blackrock Clinic Dublin for a hip or knee replacement, they will avoid the co-payment as this hospital does not
pass this co-payment charge onto the patient, regardless of the amount 500 or 2000.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards. Snowyb

Thank you so much for that information. She has moved to Irish Life 4 D Health5. As she had already paid her premium she got a refund.

A couple both aged 40 Plus one child have returned from the UK in the past few years. I realise they will have to pay the increase 2% per year over the age 35. Would Laya Total Health be a reasonable one for them

Hi Stronge,

A health insurance plan with a capped inpatient excess is a good option to go for, the following 2 plans are worth considering;
1. Laya Simply Connect; price 1230 + loading; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private/hi-tech excess is capped at 150 x 2 max
per year for all admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess is payable in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included,
refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants, dental, physio etc.

2. Laya Essential Health 300; price 996 + loading; all public and private hospitals + Beacon hi-tech hospital covered; No Mater Private or Blackrock
Clinic cover - Simply Connect plan covers both hospitals; private excess capped at 300 x 2 max per year for all admissions. Day case excess 125
per procedure. Limited day to day cover.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Child Options
1. Laya Inspire Plus plan; price 287pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 1 max per year
for all admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover 50% cover for gp visits, consultants, dental, optical, physio etc.

2. VHI One Plus Plan; price 225pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission and 125 per day
case procedure. Limited day to day cover. Access to VHI Swiftcare Clinics on this plan.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Note; A child can be insured with VHI on their own if it suits, and the adults can be on different plans if it suits also.

Regards, Snowyb

Back