Irish Daily Mail Offers

Money Bags7

I collected all the tokens for the Irish Daily Mail Royal Worcester offer late last year/early this year. I wrote a cheque for €76 and posted it along with all my tokens in late January. Got no dinner service but cheque hadn't been presented. I am after checking my bank statement and the cheque went through my account on 16th June but still no dinner service.
Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience. Any advice on how to resolve it, as it is too late to stop cheque. Googled them and checked eircom for phone number but couldn't find any contact details.

Hi
I sent away for the Daily Mail Michael Jackson DVD offer (price €3) about a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I haven't checked my bank statement yet.
I'd advise you to contact the Daily Mail offices in Dublin (presume they have offices here) and see how you get on. Given the amount you've paid I don't think you should let it go!
If all else fails, you could threaten to contact another rival newspaper with your story...

I had a similar experience with a book offer they had a few years ago - the cheque was cashed, but the books never showed up. I tried phoning, sending letters, all to no avail. However, it worked out for me because I had also sent off a cheque for a Royal Doulton dinner service, which was for a similar amount. I got the dinner service, but the cheque was never cashed.

Check a copy of the newspaper for their contact details - it'll be buried in there somewhere, probably in very small print. As Maread said, I wouldn't let that go, given the amount of money involved.

Went through a phase of collecting for 3/4 items last year. 1 item never showed up and I spent considerable time chasing up the others at the post office. The amounts were small so never followed it up - I know that's not the point! You mightn't have got the PO notification as I think that happened with one. Decided I didn't need the hassle.

Seems like a scam to me - because they are for small amounts people stop following up - I wonder if there a 3rd party you can make a complaint to?

Back