IQ test, how smart (or Dumb) am I?

Never forget, half the population have below average intelligence!
Its funny when you hear people try to deny that fact!
That's not necessarily true. It depends on the shape of the curve. If you have a significantly larger number of very stupid people than you do of very intelligent people, then they can skew the average intelligence downwards.

That's not necessarily true. It depends on the shape of the curve. If you have a significantly larger number of very stupid people than you do of very intelligent people, then they can skew the average intelligence downwards.
Smart ass :p

Never forget, half the population have below average intelligence!
Might be fairer to say, without fear of challenge, 'half the population have below median intelligence!' . . (although that doesn't mean anything:)).

Might be fairer to say, without fear of challenge, 'half the population have below median intelligence!' . . (although that doesn't mean anything:)).

The scores of IQ tests are worked out (sort-of) thus (it's years since I did statistcs):
Invent your test. define what you think intelligence means. General knowledge, literacy, numerocy, spacial orientation etc etc.
Try it out on several thousands of people. (The army and college students usually for easy access to large numbers of people)
Assign the scores according to the normal curve.
Average score is 100, standard deviation 20.
So half the population will all fall beolw the average; and half above. but something like 68% will fall between 80 and 120.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2 http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=405195#post405195
If you couldn't source the answer yourself it calls into question the test :p

Good point :D
Or maybe I'm just lazy.
Or maybe I knew someone would post the answer here and I was saving myself time.

...Or maybe an on-line IQ test is not the best gauge of intelligence.

Maybe you were just showing off?:p

I just did the test in 1min as a total random guess on each puzzle. Apparently I have an IQ of 97! And a LQ (lazy quotient) of 140!

I took an on-line IQ test and got 144. What does that mean? What's the average?
Reminds me of Sunday dinner at home - after we'd all finished, my mother would go "that dinner was terrible", fishing for complements we'd call it!!;)

I GOT THIS SCORE IN THE TICKLE SUPER IQ TEST ...THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD AND SAYS ITS GOOD ....SO IF YOU GOT 144 IN THIS IQ TEST I THINK YOUR DOIN ALRIGHT ;) WAS IT TICKLES SUPER IQ TEST YOU YOU TOOK OR CLASSIC ?

Your IQ score is 117. This means that you are smarter than 87.0% of all other Super IQ test takers.

This number is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on the Tickle Super IQ Test.

But there's more to intelligence than a single number, a single score, or a single label. Tickle uses 8 distinguishable dimensions of intelligence in the Super IQ Test. By analyzing your individual scores on those 8 scales, we are able to look beyond the raw IQ score into how you process information, and which intellectual strengths you're best at.

Your test results indicate that the way you process information makes you a Concrete Thinker.

You have unusually strong verbal and numerical skills. This dynamic combination gives you an exceptional aptitude for solving equations and then communicating those solutions to others in lay terms. Your intelligence is grounded and based on a very clear interpretation of what is happening around you. Because you are so realistic, most things are crystal clear to you, while others may get confused by this or that.

Your objective is to make things real and clear. People count on you to find and give the sober, cold-hard facts. You learn most easily when things are explained in numbers and words and so you enjoy the education you get through books and lectures. Unlike others, you do not have to experience something first-hand to understand it, nor do you have a lot of interest in how things work mechanically. On the other hand, if you find the information in your books or lectures too abstract, you might tend toward first-hand experience as you'll get nothing but the facts that way.

Here's an example of your Concrete Thinker thinking skills at work in a real-life situation:

You are at a travel agency with a friend contemplating the several different types of vacations you two could take together. The agent gives you the pros and cons of each vacation (including the prices), along with the options you have within each package. All the details, facts, and figures confuse your friend, who asks the agent to just recommend the best one so you two can be done with it and get out of there. But you are able to take out a pen and a piece of paper and write down all of the relevant information. The comparison sheet you create helps you both figure out which is the best choice, and you prevent your friend from feeling overly confused. Thank goodness you think the way you do!

Wow, Purple, you're so clever! ;)

I took a large towel and wiped all the sarcasm off that comment Vanilla, thanks for the complement. :D But I do have to question any IQ test that scores me at 144, for you should have seen this post before I ran spell check!
I'm also a bit disappointed with your comment, I expected something more cutting :p

I took a large towel and wiped all the sarcasm off that comment Vanilla, thanks for the complement. :D But I do have to question any IQ test that scores me at 144, for you should have seen this post before I ran spell check!
I'm also a bit disappointed with your comment, I expected something more cutting :p

Are you suffering from low self esteem Purple?

Back