Ipod with Radio?

M

mejane

Is there such thing as an ipod with a radio?

I've gotten sick of all the music on my ipod & would really like one with a radio.

Also if I bought one of these would the shop transfer all my music from my current ipod nano to the new one?

The latest generation of iPod Nano has FM radio.

Transferring songs ? Shouldn't think so, but sure you can ask ;) !

If you can wait until next Wednesday (1-9-10), Apple are holding a shindig in San Francisco. They are expected to introduce lovely shiny new iPods which could very well include far better radio stuff than the current range.

If you can wait until next Wednesday (1-9-10), Apple are holding a shindig in San Francisco. They are expected to introduce lovely shiny new iPods which could very well include far better radio stuff than the current range.

Was just about to say this. Also I don't know how the price bracket would be but there are loads of radio apps available for the iPod touch.

As for transfering music no the shop wouldn't do it for you but you can just plug in the new one and transfer it all from iTunes.

this might be useful for you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-MA070G-C-Radio-Remote/dp/B000MTEER4/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

What provider are you with and what deal do you have? I have unlimited data downloads, so I have downloaded the apps for the stations I'm interested in and I can play them at will. It is possible to download the various radio applications for free or for a fee you can get one app that does stations worldwide.

What provider are you with and what deal do you have? I have unlimited data downloads, so I have downloaded the apps for the stations I'm interested in and I can play them at will. It is possible to download the various radio applications for free or for a fee you can get one app that does stations worldwide.

OP mentioned having a Nano. I assume OP is looking for an FM radio option, and not anything that requires wifi or 3GS capability.

Another thing to note about the radio apps is that the quality of the sound on them is seriously inferior to an FM station. Not to mention the fact that certain providers of bandwidth seem to struggle with actually providing the service at peak times - there are numerous issues with VF network iPhones using popular appssuch as Radio1 and Newstalk at rush hour. Also, not to mention radio cutting out all the time, as your 3G signal becomes interrupted.

In short, I would go for the nano. I have one and I use it all the time for its radio, even though I have an iPhone in the other pocket, with the radio apps, and unlimited downloads, just because the iPhone drives me absolutely bananas, it seems to have a sixth sense of when something is coming on that you really want to listen to, it drops out just in time, and if it does re-connect by itself, it'll be just at the point where the reports is saying "...and that was XYZ reporting from...".

Rant over!!:mad:

What's preventing you from transferring your music through your computer? This is the normal way to manage music and apps with Apple's iThingies. And you don't need no stinkin' ol' shop to do it for you.

Back