IPhone Freezing

kellyr4

I have had an Iphone for the past 2 months and it has started freezing regularly. When it freezes it doesnt even allow me to switch it off.

I brought it back to the O2 store yesterday and I was told that an Iphone should be plugged into a computer and updated for at least 15 minutes per day. Ive plugged it into my laptop every few weeks up till now.

Is this true or was the O2 guy fobbing me off?

Have iphone nearly a year now, sounds crazy to "update" for 15 mins a day! I don't believe that.
When it freezes press the 'off' button on the top, and the '0' button at the bottom face of the screen together for about 10 seconds and this should reboot it.

well you need to update the firmware using itunes. the latest is 2.2 and it really is a must as it almost doubles the battery life and reduces call dropping. but plugging it in every day is tosh, you just need to to it every time they release an update, which is every couple of months or so.

asking you to update every day is total rubbish. Go back to the O2 store & demand your rights , Repair Replace or Refund. Do not take the crap they tell you about dealing with Apple direct , that is rubbish also. Speak to the manager reming him of your rights under consumer law & remind him O2 is the seller your contract is with them & not Apple. I would also ask him to spend some time training the staff not be be uttering such nonsense.

Mine does the same...freezes fairly frequently. Has a number of other faults as well. I'm changing back to an old fashioned mobile. Had the Iphone for a year but think it's over rated.

I had a similar problem with mine. I found that when I uninstalled a couple of "useless" applications, the problem stopped. Also, you really do not have to update for 15 minutes everyday, I really think he was just fobbing you off.

good help.. thanks.. i have got an iphone and this was doing the same, full restore and comlete charge has sorted it...

Back