iPhone 5 won't connect to wifi

shaking

My phone has been working fine. Igot up this morning and it won't connect to wifi. All other devices in the house are working. I've tried resetting my phone, restoring factory settings. Turning router on and off nothing is working. Has anyone else experienced this?

This happened to my husbands iPhone 4s. He brought it to a phone repair shop and they said it couldn't be fixed. I looked it up online and found a strange solution. I had to use a hairdryer to overheat the phone. I thought it was worth a try as he only uses it with wifi so I tried it and it worked. I've had to do it three times over the last 6 months and it's worked every time. Here's a link to the fix on YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RmOS_FyQx5k

I did this as a last resort so maybe try other solutions first.

Strange solution works, have had to resort to it 6 times. No other solution apart from getting the wifi chip replaced at big money.

Its happened to 4S a few times for me - I got the handset replaced under warranty as the device was less than 12 months old. The wifi/bluetooth antenna/chip burns out.

Back