Invoice from hospital admission 17 months later!

O

officelink

In mid June 2003 I underwent an examination at a well known Dublin hospital. I presented my VHI details on my exit and no fee was requested.
At that time I was on Plan B on VHI (I altered it from Plan A 5 weeks earlier)
Two weeks later I received a claims statement from the hospital didn't think anything of it (as I believed I would have been made aware of this on day of examination) and filed it untill today...
The hospital in question has now forwarded on an invoice (dated 25/11/2004) for €350 saying that it "has recently come to their attention that VHI reduced the benefit for this admission from Plan B to Plan A and that therefore a supplement due from you under my Plan A."
Two queries:
1. Do I still have to pay for this hospital invoice even though it's 17 months after my admission.
2. I was on Plan B at time of examination, and I am aware that on first registering with VHI that one cannot make a claim for a period of 6 months, it is still the case on changing Plans i.e from Plan A to B?

I have no intention of paying this fee. The letter accompanying the invoice is bothering on a bully tactic as they want "immediate payment"

Appreciate any advise.

Hi officelink

Ring them and tell them that you were covered by Plan B at the time. Ask them to amend their records.

Marion :hat

You'll need to check with the VHI to see if there is a waiting period for when you upgrade your plan. Did you check out their website?

Back