Invites to evening part of Wedding.

the problem is the cynical side - guests basically paying (in some cases being told cash only) for their place and then some - some weddings are deliberately large to cover the cost of all the extravagances or even make a profit.

I don't mind going to the afters of a wedding as long as its in a convenient location, Im based in dublin and got an invite to afters in Offaly ?! Not going to happen! I didn't think people going to the afters gave gifts?

Once my (now ex) other half was invited to the full wedding and I was told sure you can come along to the afters if you like, we can't afford to invite you both,

Now that I did object to

Maybe the realised you were on the way out the door, so wasn't worth inviting you:D. Honestly though, they may have had restrictions on space, costs etc., would you have rathered they didn't invite your girlfriend?

Personally, I'm happy with an evening invite, less cost, less hassle, no speeches, no mediocre 4 course meal, get to see the wedding couple.

For those who aren't happy with evening invite - remember, it's an invitation, not an obligation

I don't mind going to the afters of a wedding as long as its in a convenient location, Im based in dublin and got an invite to afters in Offaly ?! Not going to happen! I didn't think people going to the afters gave gifts?

I feel the same about afters in a location miles away. You're left with a choice of driving and staying off the jar to drive home again, or staying overnight.
I wouldn't ever be offended by an invite to an afters, but I certainly don't attend them all.

I think generally people invite as many people as they can fit and afford to the full wedding, there are often other people they want to invite so the evening invitation is the perfect solution. Personally I was touched when people we gave evening invitations too came, despite having to travel 90 miles.

Back