So is buying hamburgers, or Vitton handbags, or UFC, but people are interested and newspapers cover them too.Wouldn't someone in the SBP point out to readers that stock picking - especially by a novice - is simply a BAD IDEA?
So is buying hamburgers, or Vitton handbags, or UFC, but people are interested and newspapers cover them too.Wouldn't someone in the SBP point out to readers that stock picking - especially by a novice - is simply a BAD IDEA?
Beware of cheap imitations...Vitton handbags
Vitton handbags
You mean, if they could have predicted the future 4 months ago?so if they had any idea what they were doing
They wouldn't have been surprised to look at a stock and see it has risen 250% ytd.You mean, if they could have predicted the future 4 months ago?
Fascinating stuff...I missed the boat (twice)
One regret versus no regret
Hi there,
I'm only a few months into my investing journey and already I have some regrets.
I wrote about missing the boat (twice) on the Austrian bank that is taking over PTSB here.
But on the flipside, I can say I told you so about Flutter the gambling giant that owns Paddy Power.
Read here how the way that stock has collapsed has made me more sure on some of my other investments.
I also took a look at a pharma investment this week, if you want you can read about that here.
Happy investing,
Finn
Novice investor trying to time the market, great. All this reminds me of myself a few decades ago, investing in irish and related stocks, looking at the prices in the paper every day. I thought i was Warren Buffet when prices were up. Needless to say I lost money in the long run.I missed the boat (twice)
Investing in stocks is a bit like sport , read all you like but when you get in the ring, that's where you learn .Novice investor trying to time the market, great. All this reminds me of myself a few decades ago, investing in irish and related stocks, looking at the prices in the paper every day. I thought i was Warren Buffet when prices were up. Needless to say I lost money in the long run.
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the wallet?Investing in stocks is a bit like sport , read all you like but when you get in the ring, that's where you learn .
Investor Finn
Business Post Investor
Trump, Buffett or Burry
Hi there,
As I find my way on my investing journey, I'm looking to follow those who can offer some inspiration.
Warren Buffett is an obvious idol to pick, and there's a good argument to keep an eye on what Michael Burry says as he offers a dose of cynicism to people hyping up AI.
They were on opposite sides of the argument over Big Tech this week, and you can read my take on their spat here.
It's going to be the defining argument for investors in AI, so it's good to evaluate what the experts are saying while making my own decisions.
But what about Donald Trump?
The US president talks about the markets and listed companies a lot. Even when he's damaging them.
I took a look at how stocks he mentions perform after he opens his mouth... read why he is worth listening to here.
Happy investing,
Finn
At a guess, losing money hand over fist but doubling down the whole way to the bittom. " this losin streak can't last foreva" strategy.What questionable investment activities has Finn been up to in the past 6 weeks?