Investments for kids future

Cathbarr

Hi there,

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff but I'm looking for ideas/advise on this. Have maybe 20k to invest but have no idea where to put it. It's currently just sitting in a current account but obviously there's pretty much a 0% return on this. Any idea where I could put it for maybe 5 years?

I already have money going into a Zurich fund (International equity) every month but it has grown by 0 since we set it up 2 years ago.

In recent months I have started paying AVCs for myself and they are going into the prisma 5 fund but as its only early days I'm not sure how that will do. Should I put the lumpsum into one of these funds or do something separate. Our oldest won't be going to college for at least 8 years so won't need access to the money until then.

Last edited:
I already have money going into a Zurich fund (International equity) every month but it has grown by 0 since we set it up 2 years ago.

Just to say I would not worry too much about that, markets went up for a while after you started investing, then took a big dive during 2022 and is just now recovering. Try not to look at what it's worth too often, in 10/20/30 years it will look much better than just about anything else you could do with it.

Having said that, to answer your questions you'd be better off completing the AAM Money Makeover template to get any sort of decent advice, otherwise we're just guessing what might be best for you.

Back