Investment Trusts With No Dividends

taytoman

I am wondering if posters are aware of investment trusts that offer little or no dividends, but go for capital growth only. I do not want to be paid dividends as their tax treatment in Ireland is pretty adverse. I am aware of websites like trustnet and aic.com, but these do not seem to offer this info. I know that there are ETFs that are accumulating rather than distributive, but don't seem to be able to find their investment trust equivalent. I am interested in a mixed asset investment trust or a globally diversified equity trust.
Thank you in advance for any help

I don't know a god way to find this information. I usually use theaic.co.uk and sort based on the dividend yield. The greater majority of IT's do pay dividends so you may have to settle for low (rather than no) dividend paying companies.

> I do not want to be paid dividends as their tax treatment in Ireland is pretty adverse.
the treatment of capital gains (low exemption limits and no indexation) is pretty bad too.
Maybe ETFs are the way to go.

I am wondering if posters are aware of investment trusts that offer little or no dividends, but go for capital growth only. I do not want to be paid dividends as their tax treatment in Ireland is pretty adverse. I am aware of websites like trustnet and aic.com, but these do not seem to offer this info. I know that there are ETFs that are accumulating rather than distributive, but don't seem to be able to find their investment trust equivalent. I am interested in a mixed asset investment trust or a globally diversified equity trust.
Thank you in advance for any help

I cover investment trusts on my website and some pay no dividends. However, you have to be a subscriber to get access.

I often refer to Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett's vehicle, as being an investment trust. While not strictly true, it is very similar as it owns a diverse range of businesses and quoted stocks. Berkshire pays no dividend so that might suit you. I cover Berkshire on the website also in terms of whether the share offers value.

Rory Gillen
Founder, Gillemarkets

Back