Saving approx 2-3K per month

Rough estimate of value of home: 250K
Amount outstanding on your mortgage: 0
What interest rate are you paying? N/A

Other borrowings – car loans/personal loans etc - None

Do you pay off your full credit card balance each month? Yes
If not, what is the balance on your credit card? N/A

Savings and investments:

Do you have a pension scheme? Yes I has defined benefit pension. Wife also has pension value approx. 30K. Both of us are maxing pension contributions

Do you own any investment or other property? No

Ages of children: 3,6

Life insurance: Yes 250K each and both have 2 times salary through work

What specific question do you have or what issues are of concern to you?
Currently have approx 50K to invest.
We would like to invest for kid’s education and early retirement. We have never invested in equities and are not sure where to start, I have seen a financial advisor he has shown us a number of funds provided through Irish Life and Zurich that are interesting with fees ranging between 1.25%-1.5%. Any views on the funds below is there something else that I should consider
  • Zurich Prisma Indexed global equity fund
  • Zurich Index top tech 100 fund
  • Dimensional global sustainability core equity fund

If you both continue to max out your pension and with your current expenditure then you should be able to retire early no problem when the kids finish college.
There is better people here to advise but if it was me I would continue to max out pension. It's the best show in town.
The fees look a bit steep to me. I'm sure you can buy a passive index <= 1% - How has the funds above performed over the past 3,5,10 years. If it has not performed well > 8% pa then I would avoid.

You are in an excellent financial position. well done. keep it up.

"Avoid debt, live on less than you make and invest the surplus" - JL Collins The simple path to wealth.

Those fees sound high. And two of the funds don't sound like broad index trackers.

I'd search for cheaper alternative.

Any views on the funds below is there something else that I should consider
  • Zurich Prisma Indexed global equity fund
  • Zurich Index top tech 100 fund
  • Dimensional global sustainability core equity fund

There is a lot of detail here on the funds listed. Just click on the fund name.

'Prisma' are multi-asset funds with varying degrees of equity exposure - from 10% to 95% approx. The Indexed Global Equity is the 'Blackrock' fund.

Cheaper alternatives on what you've posted available from Discount Brokers , but those services are execution only.

Back