Investing to stay ahead of inflation

hedgeeverything

Are there any good ETFs, bonds, etc, that are good places to invest if rates continue to rise?

I had sold a lot of my tech stock before they collapsed, and I'm looking through good places to invest that cash. (own my house, maxed pension etc etc, have done all the standard things)

I'd say any of the S&P index trackers or World index trackers.

Google best index trackers.

I would caution against trying to time sectors. In theory, youd sell tech, REITS and utilities stocks now and buy energy stocks but who know, maybe energy has topped out and many energy stocks are not investing in their business due to the energy transition.

Are there any good ETFs, bonds, etc, that are good places to invest if rates continue to rise?

I had sold a lot of my tech stock before they collapsed, and I'm looking through good places to invest that cash. (own my house, maxed pension etc etc, have done all the standard things)
Think you should have invested in property in 2020 when your gut told you to.

I would caution against trying to time sectors. In theory, youd sell tech, REITS and utilities stocks now and buy energy stocks but who know, maybe energy has topped out and many energy stocks are not investing in their business due to the energy transition
“In theory”?

In theory, you wouldn’t sell stuff after it’s been obliterated. That has all the hallmarks of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

“In theory”?

In theory, you wouldn’t sell stuff after it’s been obliterated. That has all the hallmarks of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Right. Exactly my point. Timing is not realistic for the majority. Even the experts get burned.

Back