Investing in Retirement Villages

valentine

Does anyone know anything about or have any experience of investing in retirement villages. There was a piece in the Sunday Times a few weeks ago which talked about guarenteed rent, good appreciation etc for a two bed house somewhere down the country. I know that anyone can buy them, but to live in one you have to be over 55. The demand for this type of house will increase as the population ages. Have a bit of money to invest and wondering is this a good option. Would appreciate any advice - thanks!

Just bringing this up again - would be interested if anyone has any experience\opinion on this form of investment - thanks

Hi Niamh - While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I guess you can take it that the lack of response to your original message and your first 'bump' is indicitive of a lack of knowledge among regular posters/viewers. I hope you won't take offence if I ask you to restrain from bumping this post again. Maybe if you were to do some research elsewhere and post the outcome, you might kick-start some discussion.

Back