Investing in foregn currency

inver

Outside of going into a high-street bank and purchasing actual sterling/dollars etc, where obviously you are subject to charges, what is the best way of investing in a foreign currency like the Aussie dollar, Swiss franc?
Idea would be to protect aginst the weakening euro in the next 12 months.

Spread Euro Risk

+1

How does one go about doing this:confused:......

Dont have a whole pile saved but wouldn't mind spreading my Euro risk.....

Thanks

Does anyone have any advice (yes or no) about the Iraqi Dinar "opportunity"? Supposedly the Dinar is worth 2/10ths of a US penny but should go to an equivalent of up to $3.00. In short, a $2,000 investment could soon be worth $1,000,000 USD.

Sounds too good to bbe true for sure - especially if the dollar gets devalued.

Any comments or feedback???

Open account with decent broker without annual fees. Transfer Euros, buy any currency you want and that's it.

the most straightforward way without charge is through a spreadbetting company.
If you have an underlying asset in € but would prefer the exposure of CHF then place a bet as follows
€/CHF Currently is 1.3300
Buy CHF/Sell € @ 1.3300 @ €10 per tic (tic is .0001)
If €/CHF moves to 1.3200 you are up €1,000 (100 tics * €10)
You can adjust the bet per tic depending on the size of your exposure.
make any sense?

Does anyone have any advice (yes or no) about the Iraqi Dinar "opportunity"? Supposedly the Dinar is worth 2/10ths of a US penny but should go to an equivalent of up to $3.00. In short, a $2,000 investment could soon be worth $1,000,000 USD.

Sounds too good to bbe true for sure - especially if the dollar gets devalued.

Any comments or feedback???

Gosh! I have been contacted by a nice Nigerian gentleman saying that he wants to send me some money if I give him details of my bank account. Do you think I could ask for Iraqi Dinar to be sent?

Back