Investing in a solar install as a pension option.

How long ago did you get solar in? How many KW of panels? What size battery?
What home heating/insulation work did you get done?

How exactly did you figure our your electrical savings number?

I got the solar in November 2022. 20 Panels, 7.2 Kw, 5.8 Kw Battery, I got additional attic insulation, and the walls pumped with some sort of bead.

In 2 months, My bill with the solar would be 100 in Credit, While the bill would have been 350 Euro Debit, Thats 450 difference (every 2 months) for the 6 months that the solar is in good production. = 1350 euro

I would also have purchased less diesel. I was purchasing a fill every 2 weeks about 160 per month, I now fill the car about every 3 months.

The electricity bill includes running the car.

I also am buying about 1/2 a tank of oil about 600 euro kerosine per year, with the attic and celing insulation.

So in a year I am saving

600 Kerosine

2100 Diesel has been repaced by about 300 petrol a 1860 per year saving.

As an example, I looked at the last 2 months, the car used 566 Units of electricity, This would have cost 68 Euro on the night rate, and would have taken 188 Liters or approx., which is about 340 Euro, which is about 270 euro cheaper running the car by electricity.

The electricity saving would be 1300 for the six months it is in Sunny and there would be savings in the winter as I will have shifted most of the usage to night rate.

Total per year 1300 + 600 + 1860 + the savings by moving from day to night rate for the winter months 4500 Units by 13c saving is 585.

Total estimates saving is 4,345. So a 5 year ROI assuming no difference in the purchase price of the car.

If I look at the Gross Salary to pay that then it would be of the order of. given the 63% suggested by a previous poster, the savings would be slightly less than 13K gross Salary.

Last edited:
Back