investing course

aidank

ladies and gentlemen,

I remember a few years back that there was an investing course doing the rounds i.e. someone from Fexco or maybe it was someone else I think it was would do the rounds and explain strategies for investing in shares and all the associated terms etc

just wondering is this still going on I am based in clonmel so waterford/kilkenny would suit if anything like this is still happening

regards,

ladies and gentlemen,

I remember a few years back that there was an investing course doing the rounds i.e. someone from Fexco or maybe it was someone else I think it was would do the rounds and and all the associated terms etc

just wondering is this still going on I am based in clonmel so waterford/kilkenny would suit if anything like this is still happening

regards,

When you say explain strategies for investing in shares there are basically two strategies Fundamental analysis which is the competitiveness of the company and more long term and Technical which is basically chart reading and understanding trends which is short term.

I am into Technical analysis trading but this does not work with IRL or UK markets as trading here cost too much. So for technical analysis trading or short time trading you really are working with the US markets.

Recently I found a company called Keystone Trading and you can learn to trade online with them. I dont know how good they are but certaintly cover a lot.

Anna

PS. I have not connection or vested interest in this company. I just noticed them online and they looked good and into the style of trading I like.

That would not be correct.

Technical analysis is perfectly applicable to the UK and Irish Markets. If you are a scalper or short term focused trader, simply use derivatives like futures, CFDs or spreadbetting. Online commission charges are low. Plus you avoid incurring stamp duty charges when trading stocks with CFDs or spreadbetting.

For example, I want to buy 1000 Bank of Ireland shares for a week. They are 1.18 today. I think they will be 1.25 by Friday. Well I could buy the shares and pay commission and stamp duty. Why would I bother paying stamp duty? When I could buy 1000 CFDs (basically the equivalent exposure as 1000 shares) and just pay commission and no stamp. Alternatively, I could place a spread bet for 10 euros per point and pay the spread (in other words the commission) and no stamp duty.

Just to be clear here. I am not promoting anyone to use leverage or margin products. My point is that if you simply want to take a short term bet on a share (in the example, a trade size of 1000 Bank of Ireland). There are more efficient ways to execute short term trades than using traditional share route.

When you say explain strategies for investing in shares there are basically two strategies Fundamental analysis which is the competitiveness of the company and more long term and Technical which is basically chart reading and understanding trends which is short term.

I am into Technical analysis trading but this does not work with IRL or UK markets as trading here cost too much. So for technical analysis trading or short time trading you really are working with the US markets.

Recently I found a company called Keystone Trading and you can learn to trade online with them. I dont know how good they are but certaintly cover a lot.

Anna

PS. I have not connection or vested interest in this company. I just noticed them online and they looked good and into the style of trading I like.

As the Daytrader pointed out there are different products available on the market. I have experience with the trading of shares and my knowledge is within that area. To me leverage products were never as attractive an opportunity as shares but that's a personal opinion.

I have never paid stamp duty on US shares and so far have not paid commision to purchase these either. With ECN's if you understand the routing choices and how to purchase correctly you can infact be paid for orders instead of paying.

After my first post here I remembered that that there is a draw back with US share trading and the min. account opening balance required to trade which is 25k usd.

Anna

Regardless of what course you find or take there is a lot of useful information to consider, and some basic guiding principals that can keep you out of the weeds.

After my first post here I remembered that that there is a draw back with US share trading and the min. account opening balance required to trade which is 25k usd.

Yes but that restriction only applies if you are classed as a Pattern day trader.

Back