Invest in Equities before euro collapses?

jinx9000

Hello,

I have small sum on deposit with RaboBank.

Is it possible to invest this in equities/property e.g. Rabobank Investment Plan so that if the euro collapses and we return to the Punt, my investment would still be in e.g. sterling/dollar/yen?

Thanks,

Bob!

PS. I am totaly new to any sort of investment and my question really relates to trying to make some money by the possible breakup of the euro. Any general advice on this would also be greatfully accepted.

Evade euro collapse

The easiest way I can think of is to buy an ETF. Several of these track the MSCI World Index which would be predominantly outside the euro.

The leading providers (iShares,db-x trackers,Lyxor,State Street) have pretty good websites where you can get all the information you should need to make a decision. The crucial thing to execute a trade is the ISIN. Suggest dealing on Xetra(main German exchange) rather than London as everything in euro.

You can protect against euro exit while taking less risk by buying a short-dated bond ETF from one of the countries against which we would devalue if we left the euro (nearly everyone) or even a non-euro country.Expect to get no return from short-dated paper in most of the obvious countries....that trade has been rather popular this last while!

thanks for the info!

think i'll buy an antique cartier watch, wait till the dust settles and then sell it on ebay!

Back