Invalidity Pension

Antony 1

"Hi everyone,

There is something I don't understand. When I claimed for Invalidity Pension (IP), I also claimed for Increase for Qualified Adult (IQA), but the IQA was disallowed. I wonder, is there any difference between claiming an increase for Qualified Adult when you apply for Invalidity Pension, and claiming an increase for Qualified Adult once you receive State Pension contributory? Do you think I should reapply?

Thank you very much to anybody who can help with this :)

"Hi everyone,

There is something I don't understand. When I claimed for Invalidity Pension (IP), I also claimed for Increase for Qualified Adult (IQA), but the IQA was disallowed. I wonder, is there any difference between claiming an increase for Qualified Adult when you apply for Invalidity Pension, and claiming an increase for Qualified Adult once you receive State Pension contributory? Do you think I should reapply?

Thank you very much to anybody who can help with this :)

You should have received a reply from the Department that explained why your application was refused.

If you tell us what it said then we may be able to tell you whether or not it's worth your while.

Alternatively, what have you got to lose by applying?

The replay say : "Additional Pension Allowances Disallowed . An increase for a qualified Adult is means tested and is payable to in respect of in certains categories of people . Unfortunately you do not qualify for this allowance ." of course i will apply again , but my point was , do they have differents criteria to approve IQA for a person claim for Invalidity pension from a person claim for state Pension Contributory ? Thank you for your advise

The IQA means test for Invalidity Pension and State Pension Contributory is the same.
You can always apply, but if there are no changes to the IQA assessable income, you are likely to be refused again

The IQA means test for Invalidity Pension and State Pension Contributory is the same.
You can always apply, but if there are no changes to the IQA assessable income, you are likely to be refused again
Thank you Gipimann for your support , I'm a bit frustrated because my wife doesn't have any income, and I live off my pension and the help of my daughter. From what I've read on the Gov.ie page, my wife should be entitled to something , i'll try again and i will pay more attention when filling out the form . Fingers crossed

If you didn't pass the means test for IQA, then there must be something assessed against your wife - property, savings (held jointly?), or a SW payment in her own right?

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the claim, so I can't see if I made a mistake in filling it out. Thanks again for the support you give me

Back