Invalidity Pension application form

Daddy Ireland

States in Part 7 information requested on all the people who live with the claimant. and in particular asks the question what is the total savings/investments/property value (not family home) for the people who live with the claimant.. Why is this question asked of all those living with the claimant and does not require it of the claimant ? As it's not a means tested benefit what does it matter if one states say that the spouse of the claimant has €200k in savings ?

You only need to complete these details if you are looking for an increase in payment for Spouse or Dependent person, I think?

While the payment to the claimant is not means-tested, payments in respect of spouse/partner are means-tested, hence the question on the application form.

Actually Part 8 of the form does request the claimant to show last 6 months transactions if one has money or investments in a financial institution. Sure if it's not means tested I dont see the point in the question.

Actually Part 8 of the form does request the claimant to show last 6 months transactions if one has money or investments in a financial institution. Sure if it's not means tested I dont see the point in the question.
Part 8 is the checklist. If you are claiming for a dependent person then you need to include financial statements.

It could have been explained better on the checklist though.

If I could add also part 2 of the form requires information on any private pension that is received. Why is this. Would it go against the applicant being granted an invalidity pension.

If I could add also part 2 of the form requires information on any private pension that is received. Why is this. Would it go against the applicant being granted an invalidity pension.
As there are no replies to this,I am going to post as a new message.

Back