Invalidity pension and offered a job.

paddyjnr

I am wondering how I might go about trying to get back into the work force nice and easy. I have been on invalidity pension for many years now and while I am not certain that I would be able for full employment, I am willing to give it a go.
What would the procedure be?
Does my new employer need to know I am receiving this payment?
Who do I approach first?
I believe I need to be assessed for partial illness capacity, if so do I have to wait for this outcome before I take on the job as I believe my employer is looking for someone to start soon.
I am also about to go through bankruptcy and wondering how much can I earn before my wages is taken into account?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm in a bit of a mixed up situation.
All information very much welcomed.
Thank you.

Last edited:
You have to apply for partial capacity benefit and you will only get it if your condition is classed as moderate,severe or profound. You will not get anything if your condition is classed as mild. You get 50% for moderate, 75% for severe and 100% of your invalidity pension if classed profound. You can’t start work until you have been approved and you also need to get approval from your doctor. If you find work too much after some time you can return to your IP without penalties. I don’t know anything about bankruptcy but I would imagine any income you have would be included .

Thank you Feemar5. That counts me out so as he is looking for someone immediately. It's a shame really because if I was on disability I could do 20hrs which would probably be all I would be able to do at the moment and I could start immediately.

Paddyjnr contact the partial capacity section via email and explain your situation. In the past they allowed me to start my part time job before the partial capacity came through and backdated it as I had to start on a certain date or delay it again by 12 months. I would defo get in touch with them and see

Back