Interviews being held for job we already do

kerrymaid

Hello!

Our company has advertised some internal vacancies. We have been told that if we wish to apply for these jobs there will be an interview process. The vacancies are exactly the same as the job we currently do - no changes whatsoever in the job description. Had anyone had experience of this before? Would appreciate some feedback if possible. Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong place.

Many thanks.

Why would you apply for a job that is identical to the one you already do, is the pay better or something?:confused:

Hello!

Our company has advertised some internal vacancies. We have been told that if we wish to apply for these jobs there will be an interview process. The vacancies are exactly the same as the job we currently do - no changes whatsoever in the job description. Had anyone had experience of this before? Would appreciate some feedback if possible. Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong place.

Many thanks.

Get on to your union and let them take it up with the co.
I have seen it before and employees did not reapply for their own jobs. But it was a worrying development. If you applied and were not offered the job then you could be transferred to a less attractive area.

Cashier, apologies, i didn't make myself clear. The jobs being advertised would involve an increase in your hours (depending on what job you apply for) i.e i work weekends, therefore if i applied for "1/2 time" my hours (and salary) would increase. There are 2 vacancies for "1/2 time" which would mean 2 people sharing the weekly shift pattern. Other vacancies include "1/4 time" which ,wld be 1 person working 1 shift (sat or sun only). Some people who work full time are "stepping down" to 3/4 time. If they wish to reduce their hours further (perhaps) 1/2 time, they will have to do the interview. Am i making sense?

Last edited:
If the job description / terms and conditions are the same, only changes are hours .... why are they interviewing you ??

You need to call a meeting between affected staff and management an ask why the roles are not automatically assigned to current staff

Back