Interview on Morning Ireland

Re: UK data

I do not suggest that every manager should be sacked
As we are coming close to panto season, I can't resist responding with a big 'Oh yes you did'.

the problem with the health service is that the people who run it are a bunch of clowns who should all be fired

Hi RD
It's also about better preventative measures, the smoking ban, better diet, exercise etc.
This is a huge issue and if we don't address the root cause of the problem, we will forever have a problem treating the symptoms. We are a very, very sick country if all it takes to send us teetering over the edge into chaos & confusion is a short spell of moderatly cold weather.

Health issues

Hi Gang,

Er, two small points I would like to make would be as follows:-

1) 80% of all health expenditure in Ireland (for the average Joe) occurs in the last six months of the citizens life) and,

2) If you think now is bad, wait until the demographics swing against us - we'll look back on today as a halcyon age!!

Regards,

OpusnBill

Re: UK data

Jasus rainy, your getting into semantics here. You talked about where we would get thousands of managers if we sacked all the ones in the health service. I am not talking about every manager in the health service since they don't all run it on a macro scale. I think you know this but choose to ignore the substantive point being made about the management culture in the health service where even those at the top regard themselves as hostages to fortune and don't have the balls to take control of the situation they find themselves in. Mrs Purple worked in hospitals for years, that and what I hear from other doctors and managers in the health system along with what I read in the papers and see on TV is what I base I opinion on.
I do not think that the health service should be privatised but private sector input into how it is run might help.

Back