Internet Banking?

P

ppmoore

Hello

Does anyone know where to find a summary of the internet banking facilities provided by the banks. I'm with Bank Of Ireland, and I think that their 365online.com service is dreadful. You have to pre-register in advance all accounts that you might want to transfer money to. Even their login dialogue is arcane at best.

Many thanks,
Paul

I bank with BOI & AIB via internet on-line, I find them both the same in terms of procedures, ease of use, etc. You have to register all accounts / bills you wish to transfer money between with both of them. A pain, but once set up it's a dream.

Hi

Rabo Directs internet banking is limited, but reasonable ... it does also offer the facility for buying investments, from a selection of managed funds which is half way towards a share dealing account I guess :)

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

I moved back from France in 2004 and after all the hype about the new digital Ireland, I must say that's all it is - hype.

The level of online banking services etc in France 2 years ago was years ahead of where we are today. There was lots of competition between banks and this showed in the rapid improvement in services and facilities. The banks still made money but had to work a lot harder than Irish banks.

What precisely do you mean by "the level of banking" in France being ahead of what we have here? What services are on offer there that are not on offer here for example?

Online share dealing, transfers to accounts in other banks, blocking a credit card transaction, a direct debit or cheque, ordering a cheque book, printing a statement, downloading statements to PC (for EXCEL or MS Money)

The level of online banking services etc in France 2 years ago was years ahead of where we are today.

I agree - when I was in France in the mid-1990's they had the Carte Bleue - a Laser-type card using chip-and-pin. I remember thinking at the time how great it would be to have them in Ireland...cue looonnnnggg wait!!

For what it's worth, AIB recently introduced a code-card which allows you transfer to external accounts without pre-registering them over the phone.

Back