Internet banking after a/c switch

O

opus

I recently switched from BOI to TSB, everything went pretty smoothly at least so far. However TSB seem to have great problems setting up accounts that I can pay via their online banking system. Spent a frustrating 10 minutes on the phone this morning (after being on hold for 10 mins) trying to get them to set up an Amex credit card and a Vodafone account with no luck. To be fair to BOI, I think it only took about a minute when I set them up originally with them. Surely I can't be the only person in Ireland who wants to pay Vodafone & Amex electronically???

I've never set up those specific bills on PTSB's Open24 system but any others that I've set up went without a hitch. What was the specific problem?

ClubMan said:
I've never set up those specific bills on PTSB's Open24 system but any others that I've set up went without a hitch. What was the specific problem?
Well even though I had the relevant details from the Amex bill, the sort code & collection account, the person I was speaking to on the phone said that it wouldn't work for him. Paid the bills in the end by cheque today which is a bit of a retrograd step!

I contacted the person in the local branch who opened the switch account for me and she gave me the details to ask for so I'll try and do that before next month's bills come round. What's strange is that I would have expected them to have all this information already and just need to get the customer or credit card number for me assuming it's the same sort code & collection account for everybody.

opus said:
Well even though I had the relevant details from the Amex bill, the sort code & collection account, the person I was speaking to on the phone said that it wouldn't work for him. Paid the bills in the end by cheque today which is a bit of a retrograd step!
Contact Amex - They will give you the destination account details for electronic payments (which is different to the destination account for paper payments, for some reason.

RainyDay said:
Contact Amex - They will give you the destination account details for electronic payments (which is different to the destination account for paper payments, for some reason.

Will do, thanks for the advice.

Back