almostthere
Registered User
- Messages
- 126
I have an internal Atrium about 8' x 8'. This leads to a skylight type dome on the roof of our home. The atrium is about 30' from top to bottom.
I am convinced that all the heat from our home is just escaping through this "chimney" space or at least collecting in this huge well.
I was thinking of putting a simple piece of perspex type glass at the base of this atrium to stop the heat from escaping upwards. (Basically a false glass/perspex ceiling).
It would need to be of good quality clear glass type that would allow the natural light to shine through but we would also need to be able to take this off every couple of years to give it a good clean, so probably would need to be bendable.
Has anyone done this or can anyone offer any solutions or thoughts and maybe recommend an installer?
or something like this.
www.blindspace.com
I am convinced that all the heat from our home is just escaping through this "chimney" space or at least collecting in this huge well.
I was thinking of putting a simple piece of perspex type glass at the base of this atrium to stop the heat from escaping upwards. (Basically a false glass/perspex ceiling).
It would need to be of good quality clear glass type that would allow the natural light to shine through but we would also need to be able to take this off every couple of years to give it a good clean, so probably would need to be bendable.
Has anyone done this or can anyone offer any solutions or thoughts and maybe recommend an installer?
or something like this.
Concealed Blinds for Windows & Doors | Blindspace
Discover Blindspace concealed blind solutions for windows and doors. Free hanging, blackout, dual blinds, and special applications for any project.
Last edited: