Interior walls -removing wallpaper

Digger

I have just moved into a house recently that is covered from base to top in hideous wallpaper. Now I tried peeling some of it off in front room, and it seems
to be peeling of the thin layer of plaster ,so now a grey board is exposed.
Do I need to reskim or is there any other product out there that one can buy and apply on as a base so I can paint on the top it.
Any suggestions or advice will be given serious consideration ..:)

Thanks sueellen for that link, it's not what I wanted to hear but it looks alright

like the only option, bite the bullet and fork out for the house to be skimmed.
It is though something I would love to try myself but time isn't on my side.

Digger said:
Thanks sueellen for that link, it's not what I wanted to hear but it looks alright

like the only option, bite the bullet and fork out for the house to be skimmed.
It is though something I would love to try myself but time isn't on my side.

If you have to reskim then regardless the paper must come down so buy a professional super stripper it is basically a professional wallpaper scraper but the edge is more like a blade this will work wonders with woodchip wallpaper which is about the toughest to remove soak the walls with a mixture of vinegar and water the acid in the vinegar desolves the paste and so it's much easier to strip
The super stripper costs about 10 euro and there is another type with a long handle to reach up to higher areas I've used this method many times and has made the job much easier.

Good Luck ;)

Back