Interior/Graphic Design courses

damiandor

Just wondering if anyone here has studied at the Dublin Institute of Design (Dawson Street).
It looks like a decent place, judging from the website and phone conversations, but I've never heard of it before.
Does anyone know anything about the interior/graphic design course in particular,
and the general standard of teaching?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I've studied there part time by night. It's two nights a week (tuesdays and thursdays) so only six hours a week. As such, there's an expectation that you put a lot of work in on your own time, and to be honest, a lot of the course depends on what you put into it. The part time courses cover the same amount of ground as the full time ones (the two year diploma is the same as the first two years of a degree course).

Standard/style of teaching differs between teachers. My overall experience was good, but there were some frustrating parts. I would say that the people who got on best were those who went into the course with an interest in the subjects. The age profile for the part time courses is higher, so you do get people who are doing it out of a genuine interest. Are you thinking of doing a full time or part time course?

Hi, I was going to do part-time as I work full-time at the moment.
I am looking for some degree courses but there is very very very limited options in Ireland.

Anyway I have some interest in design but decided to do more practical course with iipmm -
Higher Certificate in Business Procurement (after that you can progress to degree).
Hope its a right choice. I'm just after induction day...and i'm really scared I will not manage. Fingers crossed.

Back