Interesting experience at Garda station

Cops don't like the unusual....

I had exactly the same thing happen in Lucan. I wanted a Licence and Passport certified and had everything done in 5 mins when I said I couldn't go into the city centre to apply for the bank a/c personally as I didn't like driving in the city etc..
Also that the law required certified ID fro new bank a/c now.

He probably figured I was safer out of the city and signed up after first saying it was "unusual" or "we don't do that" etc.. etc..

While not excusing any alleged poor "customer service" on the part of Gardaí perhaps people should consider if they have better things to be doing than this sort of stuff and instead seek out their local Peace Commissioner or another party authorised to certify ID documents instead?

Better things to do than spend a minute stamping a form? Better things like walk around the office in a daze perhaps? I mean, there is always going to be at least on person on the desk - and if there's something going down like a robbery or mugging etc. of course that would take priority, but when they are sitting behind the desk having tea and reading the paper what is the problem then with spending a minute signing a document? Is that not part of their job description?

"While not excusing any alleged poor "customer service" on the part of Gardaí perhaps people should consider if they have better things to be doing than this sort of stuff and instead seek out their local Peace Commissioner or another party authorised to certify ID documents instead? "

I'd love to see my boss's reaction if everytime he asked me to do something mundane, that would include me having to put my ID on it I told him that he should look for someone else to do it because I had something better to do......

Back