interest only repayments

gaetan

Hello.

Not sure if this is the right forum to pop the question.

We are on a tracker with PTSB and I was wondering if we could avail of the interest only repayment. We are not defaulting in our repayments so I don't know if this is viable.

Is it worth switching to an interest only repayment with the low rate or it doesn't make any changes over the long term ?

thanks for your advices.
Regards
Gaetan

We are on a tracker with PTSB and I was wondering if we could avail of the interest only repayment. We are not defaulting in our repayments so I don't know if this is viable.

Is it worth switching to an interest only repayment with the low rate or it doesn't make any changes over the long term ?

You can't just switch to interest only because you feel like it.

If you are unable to make your full payments, then you can apply for a rescheduling. But if ptsb thinks you can meet them in full, they won't offer you a reschedule.

If you do get a reschedule, then your credit record will be marked and you will find it difficult to move house or get a loan elsewhere. So don't do it lightly.

One thing for you to check out is that some ptsb mortgage contracts allowed borrowers to take a three month payment holiday once or twice during the term of the mortgage. If you are under a bit of pressure, then you might avail of this. I don't think that this affects your credit record.

Brendan

Thank you for this advice.

My wife was curious too. We are in no difficulties and have met all our repayments in full. Our tracker is 1.1%

cheers
Gaetan

Back