Intercoms

Markjbloggs

I live in a house that was converted from flats by the previous owner. The original voice-only intercoms system is still in place, and is looking the worse for wear and is quite unfashionable, so i want to replace it.

Do these systems typically run off a transformer - I have located a 12V txr at my fusebox, and am assuming that it supplies the intercom system?

Are there any suppliers for more up-to-date intercoms in Ireland?

Is this a job that a reasonably "handy" person could do? All the wiring is in place, so I think it is just a matter of retrofit.

tia

Mark

Maplin electronics do a range of these from about £12, check out maplin.co.uk. They do mail order, or if you prefer, have shops in Jervis St. and Blanchardstown in Dublin.

You could probably get something suitable on EBay as well, cheap electronics from HK seems to be pretty popular on there!
Leo

Leo,

many thanks, will do that,

Mark

Leo said:
Maplin electronics do a range of these from about £12, check out maplin.co.uk. They do mail order, or if you prefer, have shops in Jervis St. and Blanchardstown in Dublin.

You could probably get something suitable on EBay as well, cheap electronics from HK seems to be pretty popular on there!
Leo

Back