Interactive brokers vs Saxo bank

mrbrian

Hello,

I'm looking to evaluate these two brokers for security and fees. Saxo were originally recommended on forums but they've recently introduced new fees.

Anyone any recommendation on these for someone looking for a cheap execution service to buy 10k annually (3 trades) of ETF and shares.

Thanks,

Brian

There's nothing to evaluate - Saxo is expensive - I've dealt with them for years particularly when it comes to shares. What is nice about Sax is that they have live support just one click away (but obviously you are paying for this indirectly thru higher dealing fees)

Go for Interactive Brokers if you don't need guidance.

There's nothing to evaluate - Saxo is expensive - I've dealt with them for years particularly when it comes to shares. What is nice about Sax is that they have live support just one click away (but obviously you are paying for this indirectly thru higher dealing fees)

Go for Interactive Brokers if you don't need guidance.

Thanks for response, and advise.

Matter if interest .....why deal with Saxo if they were expensive? Customer service is nice I'm sure.

Can you hold a euro account with IB? Or USA dollars only?

Brian

Thanks for the note. I signed up last night and send them my Id's etc. It seems like hard work to actually find an email for them on the website.
I guess cheap fees has to cut into customer service. Having said that the cost seems okay.
Saxo have 100 dollar per 6 month inactivity fee. That's fine but they also charge 0.12% or a minimum 5 pound a month service charge.

thanks for your help

When signing up with Saxo, you can choose to go with their Danish-regulated or UK-regulated bank.

I think Saxo UK's inactivity fee is £25 per quarter.

Back