Integrated Units- does this include appliances?

rosey

Hi, Wondering if anybody who sold or bought a house can enlighten-We bought a house- asked what exactly was included in the sale- we were directed to contract- contract states 'Integrated units' - we assumed naively this meant washing machine and fridge as these were integrated -apparently not- after sale we were approached by estate agent acting as intermediary for vendors who wanted to flog us the w.machine and fridge second hand....we were taken by surprise- assumed as the fridge door is attached to the press they wouldn't actually take the fridge with them!!
I know we should have clarified exactly what was included in sale but is this usual? do people normally take integrated appliances with them? and does the term 'integrated units' not refer to appliances?
Any experiences would be great-thanks

I would consider ovens and cookers to be integrated. Not so sure about fridges and washing machines, etc. But I guess talk to your solicitor and see what defines "integrated applicances".

I think the seller might just be looking to get some more money out of you. At the end of the day I doubt they actually want to take the appliances with them as they are offering to sell them to you. So just dig your heels in and see what happens.

My friend sold a house a few years. I helped her move and remember asking her about the fridge because it seemed intergrated to me. She told me that because it did not have the same finish/doors as her press doors, it wasn't intergrated.

I did think it strange at the time as it left a gaping hole in the kitchen - so it's worth checking what applicance are 'intergrated'/

Her washing machine was under the counter but it had spaces either side and between the top of machine and the counter. This I could understand being described as free standing.

I'd offer €50 for the two items.

Thanks -sellers want approx €350!!!! too much for second hand appliances....

Not too sure where its explicitly stated, but a contract would usually include "fixtures and fittings", which in practical terms means anything screwed or nailed down. That would seem to include an integrated fridge etc (though not a freestanding one, or just one shoved into an alcove).

If the seller wants to retain these units they would normally have been expressly mentioned in the original brochure as not being part of the sale.

My question would be if "integrated units" does not include the appliances then what are they integrated with? The kitchen? The house? The space-time continum?

integrate verb (integrated, integrating) 1 to fit (parts) together to form a whole.

Back