Home Insuring house under renovation.

Discussion in 'Insurance not covered in other forums' started by DirectDevil, 27 Nov 2018.

  1. DirectDevil

    DirectDevil Frequent Poster

    What is the position in relation to the insurance of a house under renovation.

    We are looking at a second hand house which will need some relatively minor structural work and a fair amount of internal work like wiring, plumbing and so on.

    The house will not be habitable while the work is taking place.

    How can we insure the house to cover the period of refurbishment ?
  2. PGF2016

    PGF2016 Frequent Poster

    Talk to your insurance company. They will insure it with a restricted policy for the duration of the work.
    Ravima and DirectDevil like this.
  3. Jimbobp

    Jimbobp Frequent Poster

    You will need a specialist unoccupied insurance policy that will have renovation noted. A number of broker based insurers will do this.