Motor Insurance settlement

Lak

I have a 04 Vivaro in excellent condition that was last week written off in an accident that was the fault of the other driver, no queries here a cut and dried acceptance of responsibility.
The van was insured for €12000 (Very high I dont even know why or if it makes a difference) was offered €5,800.
Two years ago I was unfortunate to write off a van and was paid €7,400 for the very same kind of van that was, as is this one, five years old.
Having had a quick look around I dont think I could replace like for like for that money, Had it been my fault I would accept a reduced payment, but as it was not and I need a van for work I would simply want an adequate replacement whereby I could go to a local garage and pick up something similiar rather than swanning around the country looking for vans that are described as "Excellent" but turn out to be anything but.
Any advice gratefully received with thanks.

What the van was insured for is irrelevant. If you feel they have undervalued the van then you need to do a little research into similar vans and what they are actually selling for, not just the price advertised.

Then go back to the insurer with these prices - most will bargain

Thanks RDB did as you said and they upped by a grand am happy with their settlement.....I owe you a pint !

Back