Motor Insurance Company will not quote for my wife

phester

My wife is a non EU national with a full license (georgian) and an International license (1949 convention). My Insurer 123 will not add her as they will only insure European citizens.

So far Quin direct is the only company that will allow international licences to be insured. Are all the non eu citizens driving around with no insurance so? I know of lots of Ukrainian, Turkish and Nigerian that have just arrived in the country and are driving.

They have up to a year to change their licence technically. But if they intend on being resident in the company they are obliged to change their licence. Travelers who 123 are a tied agent for, are notoriously fussy on their add drivers.

Get in touch with the migrants rights centre of Ireland - to see where these insurance companies stand in relation to refusing to quote for some immigrants.

A bit OTT. The are not refusing to quote for immigrants. He is looking to add someone to his policy and they are not obliged to quote for that. No offence but maybe you should consider what is being said before going down the rightous politically correct path.

A bit OTT. The are not refusing to quote for immigrants. He is looking to add someone to his policy and they are not obliged to quote for that. No offence but maybe you should consider what is being said before going down the rightous politically correct path.

What is wrong with suggesting getting in touch with an organisation that actually represents immigrants to obtain advice and to ascertain if they are aware of insurance companies that quotes for immigrants - is that not one of the functions of organisations for new communities.... I wouldnt think that's not too OTT or even politically correct!

Hi

I had a similar problem for my husband and Hibernian were the only ones at the time that would insure him, but as a named driver on my own policy only, to be reviewed after 5 years. He is currently in the process of obtaining an Irish licence. Try Hibernian, they were very accomodating to us.

What is wrong with suggesting getting in touch with an organisation that actually represents immigrants to obtain advice and to ascertain if they are aware of insurance companies that quotes for immigrants - is that not one of the functions of organisations for new communities.... I wouldnt think that's not too OTT or even politically correct!

You are misreading the original post. They are not looking for a quote for the person as the main driver of the vehicle, the non-national involved is only a named driver and no company is obliged to provide cover.

Back