Insurance Company - Cold calling?

Megan

I have a number of insurance policies with a well knowing Insurance Company. This company's local office left a message on my home phone to call them. When I called back I was told they were ringing me to let me know about all their other products ie: pensions, life policies. Is this cold calling?

i was filling in a proposal form for car insurance and the small print said we have the right to pass your personal info onto anyone. there was no tick box to remove yourself from this mailing list so i had to agree to it.
it did say, if you want to remove yourself that you must send in a letter requesting it.
are companys allowed to pass around your details without giving you the chance to opt out? (i don't mean having to send off a letter, i mean the tick box thing)
needless to say, i sent off the proposal form with a letter letting them know my thoughts.

i was filling in a proposal form for car insurance and the small print said we have the right to pass your personal info onto anyone. there was no tick box to remove yourself from this mailing list so i had to agree to it.
it did say, if you want to remove yourself that you must send in a letter requesting it.
So why didn't you (a) attach the required letter or (b) go to another insurer who did not have the same conditions attaching to the application form?

So why didn't you (a) attach the required letter or (b) go to another insurer who did not have the same conditions attaching to the application form?

i got a quote online from Pat Britton ins, they lowered it via email for me once i told them the lowest price i received elsewhere. i sent off a cheque. they then sent me the proposal form that required my sig but said cover had begun from the date requested. the queer thing was that the ins was being ran through eagle star (who btw wanted 150e more for me to go direct through them). i did send the letter off with the form.

however, a few years ago when i was insured with eagle star, they had the tick box re passing on info. maybe it is an agreement they have with brokers that do business through them that they can pass on info.

You should have a cooling off period to cancel insurance if you are not happy once you receive the documentation. In any case you should also be able to cancel insurance and get a pro-rata refund at any time. Personally I would never pay up before reading the documentation first.

You have the right to have your name removed from their marketing list. Check this link below:

[broken link removed]

Does the Consumer Protection Code not stop this regardless of what you previously agreed to?

Back