Insurance, assurance and tax relief!

Newbie!

Hi,

I've been reading some of the posts on this site and they have been so helpful, that i thought there are a few other quick ceists that someone might be able to answer briefly.

We are trying to budget monthly outgoings but are unable to without the following info:
1. on a mortgage of €360k for a couple (single first time buyers) what amount approx. will tax relief amount to per month?
2. Approx how much is home and contents insurance (assuming we haven't gotten the kremlin gold hidden in our house)
3. finally how much does life assurance amount to per month?

I know everyone is different but the figures must be roughly the same for alot of people? would appreciate any help here!!
thanks!

Newbie! said:
1. on a mortgage of €360k for a couple (single first time buyers) what amount approx. will tax relief amount to per month?
What do you mean single FTBs? For joint FTBs in the first 7 years of their mortgage the maximum relief is 20% of €8,000 = €1,600 p.a. or €133.33 per month granted at source by the lender once you return a TRS1 form. See [broken link removed].
2. Approx how much is home and contents insurance (assuming we haven't gotten the kremlin gold hidden in our house)
Impossible to say - you need to shop around. See the various threads on home insurance, shop around and make sure to insure for the reinstatement value and not the market value of the property.
3. finally how much does life assurance amount to per month?
Again you need to shop around. See this thread too for useful information about mortgage protection life assurance and other mortgage related insurances.

Much appreciated Clubman. Just getting used to this site and have since found a wealth of information on all of the above. Thanks,

Back