Insulation Costs

cunninghams

Hi,
Im wondering about best prices available on Floor Insulation. Specifically this weekend I intend to install 100mm PIR insulation on a floor (-new build total floor area to be insulated: 250m2)in the midlands. So far the cheapest Ive sourced is €34 + VAT per 8 x 4 sheet of PIR foil insulation (Thermal conductivity 0.022). My preferred option would be to go with the 50mm over 50mm option as is a better job but it is working out more expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

E50 for three sheets of 50mm xtratherm, pretty much the same. I'm in the building trade and you'll do very well to beat that I'd say.

E50 for three sheets of 50mm xtratherm, pretty much the same. I'm in the building trade and you'll do very well to beat that I'd say.

Best I could get on the 50mm is €17.50 + VAT each...I need 174 sheets which is €3700 incl VAT

When you say €50 + VAT for 3 sheets is it for standard Polyiso Xtratherm or is it the Polyiso plus? Standard Polyiso(0.023W/mk) is slightly lower spec than Ballytherms 50mm PIR board (0.022 W/mk).

Your price for the 174 boards would be €3523....imm interesting.....Please let me know if its the standard polyiso or poly plus/Safe R Xtratherm.

Any chance you could PM me the supplier???

Its xtratherm thin-r, doesn't seem to say plus on it. A sheet is 2.9m and I was quoted E17.50 per sheet so that again is the same. Got him down to E17 because I bought a load of radon barrier too.

I am just about to put down insulation as well about 190 sqm Ballytherm and kingspan how do they compare in product quality?

As long as they're not battered around too much before the screed is poured they're fine. u-value is what matters.

Bluemac...Xtratherm, Quinn, Kingspan pretty much the v same product. Check the Thermal conductities of the boards-smaller number is better. You will find all details of diff companies at [broken link removed]
I dont have the cert numbers at hand

Anyone got any cost difference to compare the following.
1 100mm rafter lock between the joists or
2 12 inches of wool insulation and a 38mm therma board on the ceiling.
I got a price on rafterloc for 150 square metres for 2238 euro.
Hope I am not hijacking this thread.

Back