installing ch in a bungalow where to put boiler

NOAH

i want to put new ch in an old bungalow but all advice seems to be put boiler outside and this means building a boiler house at back of garage. My idea was to put it in what was the bathroom, now a utility room, but not getting a favourable reaction from all and sundry. is it possible to get an oil fired boiler that can be housed as I want or does the fumes of oil preclude it. I thought having boiler in a central point of bungalow would be more efficient and use one of those wall flues ie straight out. I want to keep pipe runs as short as possible and my theory is it would lose heat if boiler was a long way away. the bungalow is a straight line with a room and integrated garage with pitched roof at right angles to main house.

Ideally I want a combi boiler or condensing but i am told the expertise to fit these is lacking where i live.

And I thougt firebird were OK as I see them everywhere but now i am not sure.

Any help advice greatly received.

noah

Go for the condensing boiler. The lack of expertise in your area can be mastered by the "foreigner" from the next village. Contact the manufacturer , adresses are available from the Sedbuk page, and they send you plenty of staff .Local duds shouldn't be supported , especially when their expertise work can kill you . NEVER run an exhaust pipe of an oil boiler straight through the wall ! This practice-as commonly seen here in Ireland- is illegal in most parts of the world, not only in Europe.
Any plumber that is literate ( even a none-plumber ) can fit you any boiler. As long as you stick to the manual it shold be o.k. .
" Plumbers " are not trained heating engeneers , if you feel the need to call yourself a plumber there is no one who can forbid you that . " Plumbum " is the Latin word for lead . As heavy as the element is as slow is the congregation . Lead is very bad for the brain, as longer someone is exposed to it as worse it gets . Learning difficulties are part of the problem .
Fire your plumber ( that's a good one ! ) and get the good people in . " Heatmerchants " or any other boiler trader will recommend you plenty of trained and certified staff .

Back