installing cd player in car

blueshoes

hi, i am just wondering does anyone know how to install a cd player in car? i didnt get instructions with it as it was a bit dodgy but its new. do i need to unplug the battery?

Agree with RS2K, I had an MP3 player installed in my car a few months back. The guy who came to install it does it for a living and it took him 45 minutes to get it in and checked!

Does anyone mind me asking what I should expect to pay for this service? Did you already have the MP3 player ? What model would be recommended? I have a Ford Focus so would like to upgrade from tape deck to a cd or MP3 player. THanks for advice

A colleauge installed one of the cd players that LIDL were selling in a fiesta for 70 quid.

Got the bit to fill up the big gap the old radio leaves for about 5 quid, got ford to standard ISO conversion leads and stuck the new unit in.

It will read usb keys sd memory cards and in slots at the end. and will read mp3 cds as well.

You could ring halfords in liffey valley retail park they offer a fitting service with the stuff they sell not sure on a price though.

LollyMc said:
Does anyone mind me asking what I should expect to pay for this service? Did you already have the MP3 player ? What model would be recommended? I have a Ford Focus so would like to upgrade from tape deck to a cd or MP3 player. THanks for advice
I got the MP3 player from Argos - it's a Sony CD/radio with MP3. It cost €209.99 including fitting and they came to my home to fit it.

It's works really well with MP3 CD's, particularly on long journeys - there's no need to change CD's or search for radio stations.

It's very simple to install a CD player.
No need to take out the battery.
if the connectors don't fit there's no need to get a different connector just cut the wires before the connector and twist together.
I've done it a couple of times and its very easy.
It shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes from start to finish.

Back