Installing a stove - looking for recommendations

Yeah, and I've seen other sources all starting to highlight some serious air quality concerns. We have two stoves in the house here, now rarely used.
Knowing what you do and the fact that open fireplaces are worse, would you buy them now if you wanted to stop using the open fire? Maybe the right thing the Goverment should be doing, is giving a grant to close up the fireplaces completely.

Knowing what you do and the fact that open fireplaces are worse, would you buy them now if you wanted to stop using the open fire? Maybe the right thing the Goverment should be doing, is giving a grant to close up the fireplaces completely.
I don't have open fires, previous owners where I am now had both fitted with stoves and sealed. I'd definitely be closing them up and looking at better air-tightness and basic insulation measures that might do away with the need for topping up the central heating.

I’m interested in wood pellet fired. I hear you only have to fill/clean out once a week. You can set to come home to a warm house. I have an Oisin but think that pellet might be more convenient.

I'm thinking of buying a solid fuel burning stove to fit into my fire place and having it installed (preferably from the same supplier). Would anyone have recommendations on where to go (Dublin area)? There are quite a lot of suppliers out there but it's hard to figure out where to go based on their websites. Any tips (perhaps based on recent experience) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi I’m looking to purchase a stand alone stove around 8 kw to heat sitting room. I’d like to set it back into the fireplace recess if possible
I really want to be sure it is fitted properly as the Boru insert we currently have never worked properly . What would people recommend?
Thanks

Back