Installation of gas boiler

Koolaboola

Can anyone please give me a guideline price to replace and install a Radiant 60,000 wall mounted system boiler, and to flush and cleanse the system?
My old boiler bit the dust and this is an exact replacement.
I live in Dublin 14 and have a quote of E1,850.

By law, you will need to replace with an A rated boiler I.E Condensing.

SEI grants for boiler and heating upgrades are availible at the moment.

That price is good if power flush and A rated boiler and VAT is included.

Got this quote - Cost of replacing boiler/pump/time clock (had old baxi solo boiler) €2,000 including vat and labour. This sound reasonable? Sorry I dont have more info. like make of new boiler etc.

Will all pipes have to be replaced? I was told about my pipe's are two inch and will have to be changed to three inch -this correct?

Will all pipes have to be replaced? I was told about my pipe's are two inch and will have to be changed to three inch -this correct?

This doesn't make sense to me, can you get more details please? 1/2" 3/4" and 1" pipes are most commonon on domestic heating systems.

The price you were quoted seems fair.

I think I have 1/2" inch pipe and was told you need 3/4" to get a condensor boiler. This correct?

I think I have 1/2" inch pipe and was told you need 3/4" to get a condensor boiler. This correct?

Depends, if the installer is referring to the gas supply pipe, he is probably right. Undersizing gas pipes seems to have been a very common practice. How far from boiler is meter? and how much pipe work is 1/2"?

Boiler is at back of house in shed (outhouse). I presume all the pipe work is 1/2". House would be your typical Crumlin 50's 3 bedroom. Do Radiator's have to be replaced as a rule?

Rads don't have to be changed. A power flush will do wonders for your current system.

My advice is this, get three quotes, that means three installers looking at your job, listen carefully to what they say, if they are all saying the same thing, it's fact. Meeting three installers will give you knowledge.

Back