Install central heating

bmcintyre

Hi. My brother-in-law is looking at buying a house but it only has storage heaters and he intends to get gas-fired central heating. I was just wondering how expensive it would be to install GFCH and how invasive would it be?

Got this done around 2005, went the combi boiler route, installed 7 or 8 rads and think the whole thing was about €7000. Sorry to be hazy but we were also getting bathroom done. House had floorboards so pipework was easy to put under. 3bed terrace house. Wasn't a huge job. House was piped for gas already.

Got this done around 2005, went the combi boiler route, installed 7 or 8 rads and think the whole thing was about €7000. Sorry to be hazy but we were also getting bathroom done. House had floorboards so pipework was easy to put under. 3bed terrace house. Wasn't a huge job. House was piped for gas already.
Thanks for that, kkma.

had this done 2 years ago also (oil,not gas as no gas mains to the neighbourhood)...3bed semi - 7 rads - cost 5,000e.A fair bit of disruption but worth it. Had to replaster walls where pipes were chased and repair a few floor boards. Bath had to be removed and damaged tiles in the process but not an issue for me as bathroom was next on the list to be updated.

had this done 2 years ago also (oil,not gas as no gas mains to the neighbourhood)...3bed semi - 7 rads - cost 5,000e.A fair bit of disruption but worth it. Had to replaster walls where pipes were chased and repair a few floor boards. Bath had to be removed and damaged tiles in the process but not an issue for me as bathroom was next on the list to be updated.

Thanks Spudz. Great to know...he probably wouldn't have thought about the upheaval and he mentioned it as something to get done further down the lline so he'd better hold off on the decorating!

Back