Inheritance Question- Who will get the property

I

IrishGuy2012

Recently came across my grandfather's will, he left his entire property to one of my uncles this I already knew. But it seam's that he is trying to control the family from beyond his grave!

It states

"In the event of Mark not having issue then I APPOINT MARK as Trustee of the remainder interest in my dwellinghouse and I GIVE, DEVISE AND BEQUEATH the remainder interest to such of my grandchildren as Mark may by Deed or Will appoint."

I've been trying to get my head around it but can't understand fully is he saying that my uncle can choose who shall inherit the house but the remaining property (eg land) must be shared to me and my cousins OR is it stating that my uncle can appoint any of the grandchildren to the remaining property?? (Name made up)

The title of your post is too vague. Please it in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Responses to posts with vague or meaningless titles are removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be deleted.

Brendan
Administrator

It seems that in the event of Mark not having any children, it is then up to Mark to decide which grandchildren the house is split amongst. In the case of his having children, he can then leave it to whoever he wants.

Best be nice to your uncle Mark.

Back