Info on importing container of goods from Europe

Pinchy

Hi there,
Considering a business venture which will be 100 % reliant on importing stock.
I was wondering if anyone has any info or experience on the pricing of importing a container full of goods from Europe . Most likely coming via Truck / Ferry. The goods would weigh about 600kg. I would believe that size rather than weight would be a factor.

J

You will need to establish , if the container is a 20' or a 40' . The goods must be really light , if they fill a container and only weigh 600kgs .

It might be cheaper to use sea transport if the goods are near loading port for containers to Ireland .

Containers can be expensive , as they must be unloaded and delivered back to base within a short timeframe - otherwise charges apply .

Would your goods be suitable for transportation in a curtainsider - if so try these for an online quote :
[broken link removed]

You will get a list of ferry companies here :
[broken link removed]

Try ringing the following to get an idea of the transport costs involved,
DFDS containerline
ECS
Eucon

They all have different routes from Europe to different ports in Ireland

Hello Pinchy,

I am a freight forwarder. All of the suggestions by the posters are valid ones. However, if the weight of your proposed shipment is only aprox 600 kgs, it is hard to imagine filling a 20' container, never mind a 40' container.

If you want to PM me or post the following details in this thread ;

1) Origin of the cargo (if you have a postal code, that would be great)
2) Point of delivery in Ireland
3) Individual dimensions (LxWxH) of the piece(s)you intend to ship

I can have a look and see what the options are.

Best regards,
Rudolf289

A couple of freight forwarders to check out

Celtic forwarding
Diamond shipping
DHL Global
Emeral Cargo

Hope this helps

Eucon tracking

Just a quick question. I was looking on the Eucon website for a relative to see where their container is.
How up to date is their tracking info,? would anybody here know?

Back