Infinity Tyres

ted

Has anyone tried them? Looking at buying the 165 65 16 NP 200 . Four fitted for €340 on a Qashqai. The original tyres were Bridgestone Dueler costing about 600 to 650. Have looked at some reviews online but little info on that tyre. I'm using Rockstone on another family car and have to say they're great and have 55k on them with at least 15k left to go so if Infiniti are any way as good I'd be very happy

The fact you can't find a review should tell you enough. At about half the price of Bridgestones expect less than half the performance. If you're ok with that go for it but they would not be my choice.

Yes I would have thought that before I tried the Rockstone tyres. I can't see any difference in performance between those and the Bridgestones that came with the car when new. If anything they will outlast the Bridgestones by 15 to 20k. There is no noticeable tramlining often associated with non major brand tyres. They feel well on rough roads and at 120kmph on motorways. I have heard tyre dealers say that many of these tyre companies manufacture tyres for the well known names. So I wonder if there is any real difference in terms of performance and quality between some lesser known brands and the big names that can justify the huge price difference.

If the Infiniti tyre is as good as the Rockstones I would be happy to choose them over the Bridgestones as it's a difference of €300.

The fact that they are not reviewed that much could be due to the fact that they are a smaller company. I believe they are made by a Chinese company supplying into Ireland Britain and Mainland Europe

Just wondering if anyone has tried them

I had Infinity tyres on my Xedos 9, 2.5 V6. 40K miles on the rears, plenty of motorway driving at speed and cruising at 60 MPH on the primary routes no problems. I think premium tyres are a luxury few of us can afford and for the average joe (me) who is not seeking to explore the limits of adhesion I would have no problem with lesser known brands, although I would try and stay 1 grade off the bottom.... if you know where that is!

Back