Individual PRSA contributions when not working?

Discussion in 'Pensions' started by maybelline, 12 Feb 2019.

  1. maybelline

    maybelline Registered User

    I have an individual PRSA account with New Ireland that I stopped contributing into when I stopped working to look after my children. My husband earns enough to pay the higher tax rate.
    Can we
    (1) still keep contributing to it as the funds would technically come from his salary
    (2) claim tax relief on this?
    We submit a Form 12 each year anyway.
    I tried to ask the broker at the time of setting this up but didn't get a satisfactory response.
    Any clarification would be much appreciated, thanks!