Indian/Thai Food

T

Trixie

I'm on the constant lookout for restaurants suitable to take the Dad to. Apparently I'm not the only person with this distinction between restaurants you can go to and then the restaurants you can take him to - ideal is something with a meat main course and warm apple pie with ice cream for dessert - y'know what I mean.
Anyway, he's not averse to a bit of curry but I have added problem in that he can't eat garlic or peppers. My question is should I be able to take him to Thai or Indian places & he'll be able to order straight off the menu?

I would recommend Siam in Malahide and Monkstown as well. They do sit down and takeaway, there are not cheap but are very nice. You can order off the menu and tell them what you dont want in a dish. Have a look through www.adlib.ie, they do excellent reviews and some restaurants have web sites with menus included. The curries are too hot either

Not sure where you live but I took my Da (pretty conservative taste) to the lemongrass in Naas and Maynooth quite by accident as it happens. Can't comment on the garlic front though it may be a struggle to aviod it - perhaps call in advance adn ask them the question.

Update

Took him to the Thai Garden in Blanchardstown village. Really nice and he found something he could eat. We did ask the waiter re "without peppers" but he either didn't understand or knew that there were certain things they couldn't take them out of. I got the impression he could have had what my brother had - it had peppers floating in it - as a special request, but the waiter wasn't going there. He was very happy with what he had, as we all were, excellent value at E150 for 4 including wine and 3 courses for all of us.
Dad would go back! Result!
Lemongrass in Maynooth is also on list for trying.

thai / indian

If you're based on the northside, you could try the Green Chili restaurant in Stoneybatter. They do excellent Indian food and speaking / understanding English is no problem to the Indian waiters so they can tailor the dish to your satisfaction. 10/10!

Re: thai / indian

Add my vote to the greenchilli, it's quite cheap and lovely and if you have a u-first account with ulsterbank you can get 25% off including drinks.

Back